NEW ORLEANS, La. – The Jackson State men’s tennis team lost its final match of the regular season, falling 7-0 to the New Orleans Privateers Thursday at the University Tennis Center.
Jose Luque and Hernan Geria posted the matches of the day in singles action for JSU. Both players forced their opponents from UNO to win in three sets. Luque took the first set but eventually fell to Abdelrahman Zaki 6-3, 6-7, 5-10. Geria won his first set 7-6, but fell 1-6, 3-10 to Hossam Meligy.
Jackson State returns to action Friday, April 19 for the SWAC Tournament in New Orleans, La. The Tigers are the No. 3 seed and will face No. 5 seed Arkansas-Pine Bluff Friday.
New Orleans 7, Jackson State 0
4/18/2013 at New Orleans, La. (University Tennis Ctr)
1. Rui Silva (UNO) def. Ernesto Morales (JSU-M) 6-0, 6-4
2. Ricardo Campos (UNO) def. Carlos Martinez (JSU-M) 6-1, 6-2
3. Abdelrahman Zaki (UNO) def. Jose Luque (JSU-M) 3-6, 7-6, 10-5
4. Vinay Kamineni (UNO) def. Camilo Patino (JSU-M) 6-0, 6-2
5. Hossam Meligy (UNO) def. Hernan Geria (JSU-M) 6-7, 6-1, 10-3
6. Dominik Kardell (UNO) def. Mark Milosyljovic (JSU-M) 6-1, 6-0
1. Hossam Meligy/Ricardo Campos (UNO) def. Carlos Martinez/Camilo Patino (JSU-M) 8-4
2. Vinay Kamineni/Abdelrahman Zaki (UNO) def. Jose Luque/Ernesto Morales (JSU-M) 8-2
3. Rui Silva/David Malmgren (UNO) def. Hernan Geria/Mark Milosyljovic (JSU-M) 8-1